Cancer Care and Emotions
Cancer Care and Emotions
CAN MY THOUGHTS MAKE ME SICK?
- Yes, having negative thoughts could make you more illness-prone.
- A study in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences links "negative" brain activity with a weakened immune system.
- Researchers from the University of Wisconsin-Madison studied people with high levels of brain activity in a region linked to negative thoughts. Those with the highest activity levels over the time were found to have major lifestyle diseases like hypertension, diabetes, cancer, IBS, they had low immune responses.
- Scientists have shown that pessimists - people rated as more sensitive to negative events - show more activity in a part of the brain called the right pre-frontal cortex.
- Scientist also found that more activity in the left pre-frontal cortex is linked to positive emotional responses
WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY NEGATIVE EMOTIONS?
- We all have positive emotions that make us feel good , when we associate with them eg: happiness, joy , compassion, care , love , peace, kindness, faith, trust,
- Similarly we all go through negative emotions which make us feel bad , or uncomfortable when we associate with them e.g.: Anger , resentment, unhappiness, sadness, jealousy, suspicion , irritability, grief, fear , panic,
WHAT ARE TRAPPED EMOTIONS, HOW CAN THEY AFFECT HEALTH?
- I would like to quote renowned Oncosurgeon Dr. Bernie Siegel: “While there are a variety of things that are thought to cause cancer, I believe firmly that trapped emotions are a contributing factor to the disease process. Every cancer patient I treated was found to have trapped emotions embedded in the malignant tissues.
- Trapped emotions are, in my opinion, an underlying cause of cancer. It is vital that these trapped emotions be removed. Even though they may have already contributed to the cancer, once removed, they cannot cause any further damage in the years to come."
- According to Dr. Bradley Nelson in his book “The Emotion Code” these unseen trapped emotional energies "distort" the body’s tissues, just as a magnet will distort the picture of the TV screen. Tissues continually being distorted (i.e. irritated) in this fashion will eventually suffer the effects, with pain and subtle malfunction frequently being the first result (which can be difficult to detect)
- If tissues are subjected to this negative energy over the long term, "the tissue may eventually enter into a state of metaplasia, or change. In other words, the specific type of cell begins to revert back to a more primitive cell. The next step is malignancy, or cancer."
HOW CAN STRESS CAUSE CANCER?
- How one reacts to stress appears to be a major factor in the development of cancer.
- Most cancer patients have experienced a highly stressful event, usually about 2 years prior to the onset of detectable disease.
- This traumatic event is often beyond the patient's control, such as the loss of a loved one, loss of a business, job, home, or some other major disaster.
- The typical cancer victim has lost the ability to cope with these extreme events, because his/her coping mechanism lies in his/her ability to control the environment. When this control is lost, the patient has no other way to cope.
- Major stress, as we have seen, causes suppression of the immune system, and does so more overwhelmingly in the cancer-susceptible individual than in others.
- Thus personal tragedies and excessive levels of stress appear to combine with the underlying personality contribute to bring on the immune deficiency which allows cancer to thrive.
CAN RELEASING TRAPPED EMOTIONS CURE CANCER?
- Absolutely, once the trapped emotions are accessed, worked upon and the issues leading to negative emotions are resolved the body is able to heal.
- The blocked cell receptors are opened , the cells are once again in contact with the bodies neurochemical transmission, the life force can once again reach these sick cells
- The immune system takes over, the DNA of the cell is modified to healthy state and the cancer cells undergo apoptosis or death.
- The body is free from the cause and effect of cancer.
Dr. Mitali Upadhye is very experienced in structuring sessions to meet your specific needs. She works with individuals and families, in addition to offering group sessions for people who might benefit from interacting with others in similar circumstances.
In August, 2014, when I was diagnosed for breast cancer, it was a big shock to me and my family. My little world was shaken. But with the strong support of all family members, good doctors and my positive attitude, I successfully completed my treatment of surgery and chemotherapy. I resumed to my office and routine work in Jan. 2015. All the things were getting normal and suddenly in the routine checkup of Nov. 2015, the recurrence was seen. Though I did not react to it in front of my family and friends, I was lost. I could not understand that in spite of following all the medical advice, healthy diet and exercise, how did it happen again? Again there was surgery and radiation. I observed that at both the times, my body was recovering very fast from all the treatments. But my mind was just not stopping to think about the disease. It was my mind that was not getting recovered even when my body was healthy. My thoughts were creating other problems which my body had to suffer. I realized that though I recovered physically, I need to treat my mind, make it calm and confident and assure it that I am healthy and it need not worry all the time. Only positive thinking was not helping me. I needed proper scientific way to come out of it. During this search, I came to know about Dr. Mitali Upadhye and her holistic approach for treating cancer patients. I met Dr. Mitali in March 2016 after my radiation and my "Journey" with her started. After the first meeting only, I was assured that here I am going to get what I was looking for. During the sessions with her, I could open up and resolve my past issues of which even I was not aware of. The misgiving and beliefs that I had developed many years back had imparted on my life without me realizing how much. Dr. Mitali worked on my limiting beliefs and vows. After few sessions, I could see the effect of cellular healing. My thought process changed and behavioral patterns changed. My always "thinking" mind can now take a back seat and relax making me free. Dr. Mitali introduced me with the tools to work through any issue that may arise and move on. She taught me some NLP techniques and meditation which are helping me to be much calmer, stress free and relaxed. I have learnt to speak to my mind in strong non confrontational way. I have learnt to deal with the emotions and feelings in much better and positive way. I thank Dr. Mitali for making positive changes to my life. Not only as a doctor but Dr. Mitali inspires me in many aspects like her helping nature, role model for fitness and her enthusiastic approach towards life. Thank you.