Cancer Care and Society
Cancer Care and Society
HOW DOES SOCIETY PERCEIVE CANCER?
- The word cancer instils huge fear in the minds of the society.
- Cancer is looked upon as a death sentence. And the patient and his family are found desperately looking for hope in every nook and corner of the world.
- Often it is perceived as an enemy to be KILLED , DESTROYED , OR CONQUERED.
HOW DOES HOLISTIC APPROACH PERCIEVE CANCER DIFFERENTLY?
- I feel that the terminology frequently used in conjunction with a cancer challenge isn’t a happy choice. ‘Defeating cancer/winning one’s battle with cancer/beating cancer ’ and similar phrases all seem to come from a place of (very understandable!) fighting and tension.
- I rather feel that while a firm determination to “overcome” and the confident emotion/conviction that “it can be done” is probably THE major prerequisite in any type of healing, trying to relax as much as possible and asking “what is this challenge supposed to teach me” will contribute much toward starting a person’s healing journey on the physical, emotional and spiritual level
- I strongly believe that we cannot fight our own body .Rather one should makes friends with one’s body .It is our own body which is sick and suffering .The cancer is merely your bodies cry for help. Hence we should befriend our cancer and win it
What can be befriended can be trusted, What can be trusted can be won over, We have to win over our cancer.
This approach is positive and would go a long way in curing cancer and healing the mind and body
Dr. Mitali Upadhye is very experienced in structuring sessions to meet your specific needs. She works with individuals and families, in addition to offering group sessions for people who might benefit from interacting with others in similar circumstances.
I recommend the Holistic approach to cancer management to all cancer patients.It is a unique approach developed by Dr Mitali. I was suffering from cancer recurrently and my health kept on getting worse day by day inspite of doing everything my Oncosurgeon told me. I was desperately looking for an cure for my recurrent cancer This was when I found out about Dr Mitali. Her treatment gave me the confidence to accept myself and my life She gave me the confidence to say No and learn to speak for myself. I gained good control over my Anger with her treatments and Counselling .It gave me a better lifestyle. Mitali is more like a friend she has lots of patience. And yet she handles things with a firm hand and has great clarity about her work. Just as one cannot explain the sweetness of a mango ...One has to experience her therapies to understand there importance.I wish her well.